Thursday, February 27, 2014
25 Things I Love about Winter
I saw an article earlier in the winter that was titled, "50 Things to Love about Winter". I thought it was so great. I'm a summer girl through and through. The spring is too cold, the fall is too cold, and the winter is definitely too cold. But it really drives me crazy when all winter long I see and hear constantly about how much people hate winter and about how horrible it is.
As before mentioned, I'm not a winter lover, but I do love many things about winter. I decided that I wanted to do my own post on embracing the cold and enjoying the winter. Hopefully when I get cabin fever and succumb to the desolate winter depression, I can look back here and find some happiness until spring comes. So here are 25 things I love about winter.
25 Things to Love about Winter
1. No Spiders! No bugs! No mosquitos! If that isn't reason to celebrate, I don't know what is.
2. My super awesome fluffy purple robe. I live in it in the winter. It's so warm.
3. Cute sweaters! You can never have too many.
4. Tall boots. Not only practical but really cute.
5. Reading books by the fire with the kids in the evening.
6. Hot chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!!
7. Fuzzy socks and slippers... all day every day.
8. The gorgeous snow white mountains. The view is unbeatable.
9. No pulling weeds!
10. Using my crock pot every day.
12. Shaving my legs is a thing of the past... ha, ha except on Sundays
13. Basketball season!
14. Bedtime is so much easier when it's actually dark
15. Watching an incredible snowstorm from the warmth and safety of my home.
16. Electric blankets and heating pads
17. Plowing snow with the 4-wheeler... now that's just fun!
18. Building snowmen and snowball fights
19. That moment after a storm when everything is clean and white and the silence and calm are overpowering
20. Lots of snuggling with loved ones
21. The holidays!!!!!
22. Warm clothes and towels out of the dryer
23. Cute scarves and coats and gloves and hats
24. The garage is a giant refrigerator
25. I don't have to think about swimsuits