Thursday, February 27, 2014

25 Things I Love about Winter


I saw an article earlier in the winter that was titled, "50 Things to Love about Winter". I thought it was so great. I'm a summer girl through and through. The spring is too cold, the fall is too cold, and the winter is definitely too cold. But it really drives me crazy when all winter long I see and hear constantly about how much people hate winter and about how horrible it is.
As before mentioned, I'm not a winter lover, but I do love many things about winter. I decided that I wanted to do my own post on embracing the cold and enjoying the winter. Hopefully when I get cabin fever and succumb to the desolate winter depression, I can look back here and find some happiness until spring comes. So here are 25 things I love about winter.

25 Things to Love about Winter

1. No Spiders! No bugs! No mosquitos! If that isn't reason to celebrate, I don't know what is.

2. My super awesome fluffy purple robe. I live in it in the winter. It's so warm.

3. Cute sweaters! You can never have too many.

4. Tall boots. Not only practical but really cute.

5. Reading books by the fire with the kids in the evening.

6. Hot chocolate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!!

7. Fuzzy socks and slippers... all day every day.

8. The gorgeous snow white mountains. The view is unbeatable.

9. No pulling weeds!

10. Using my crock pot every day.

11. Sledding

12. Shaving my legs is a thing of the past... ha, ha except on Sundays

13. Basketball season!

14. Bedtime is so much easier when it's actually dark

15. Watching an incredible snowstorm from the warmth and safety of my home.

16. Electric blankets and heating pads

17. Plowing snow with the 4-wheeler... now that's just fun!

18. Building snowmen and snowball fights

19. That moment after a storm when everything is clean and white and the silence and calm are overpowering

20. Lots of snuggling with loved ones

21. The holidays!!!!!

22. Warm clothes and towels out of the dryer

23. Cute scarves and coats and gloves and hats

24. The garage is a giant refrigerator

25. I don't have to think about swimsuits



2 comments:

Maher's said...

I Agree, seems there are several great things about it!

Matt and Tiffany said...

I complain about winter too. Thanks for the reminder. I love #25 and opening a pop and having it turn into a slushie!