This year is going to be amazing. I can feel it. 33 is going to be my year. First of all, I love the number 3. I'm a little obsessed with it actually. And what can be luckier or better than the number 33. So, since I just turned 33, here are 33 Things About Me. It will be fun to look back on and see how I've changed... or remained the same. I'm excited for this year. 33 is the year of possibilities, the year of growth, the year of change, the year of happiness.
1. I love the color purple, but I'm obsessed with the color turquoise
2. I used to be a total dog person and hate cats... now I'm the exact opposite. I love cats, don't care much for dogs.
3. I used to write a lot. I have quite a few longer stories and the beginnings of several novels plus ideas for a ton more. One day I hope to publish a book or two...
4. I love making fancy themed parties for my kids... or whoever. I think it would be fun to be a party planner.
5. I love hard, physical labor. I love to get blisters and so sore I can't move the next day. I think I would have made a good pioneer.
6. Although I love modern amenities, I often think I was born in the wrong era. I could see myself as a late 1800's pioneer, a 1920-30's depression era girl, or a 1950's housewife. Weird, I know
7. I really love history. Art history, world history, US History, early church history... it all fascinates me and I read textbooks for fun.
8. I love Diet Coke.... I know it's bad for me, but I just love it. I hardly ever drink any other soda, but sometimes I just need a Diet Coke.
9. You would never know my clothing style by looking at my wardrobe. If I had a few thousand dollars to completely redo my wardrobe, I think people would be surprised.
10. I love playing almost all sports, and love watching them too, but there is just something about golf that I can NOT stand. In my opinion, it's not a sport.
11. I always dream of being a runner and finishing a marathon, but I absolutely hate running. I've tried so many times over the years to become a runner, and I just can't stand it. How can people run for hours at a time? There is so much more I could be doing with my time.
12. I'm a little obsessed with mango. I love mangos and mango flavored anything.
13. I really love Native American History and traditions. When I was little, I told everyone I wanted to grow up to be an Indian... for real.
14. I'm a cowgirl at heart. I could be perfectly happy on a big ranch in the middle of nowhere seeing nobody except my 100 horses and 200 head of cattle.
15. I'm super sentimental about things. I remember what people have given me for years, and I can't get rid of it because it holds that memory that they gave it to me. For example, my mom gave me a cheap beaded necklace she got on a cruise when I was 15. IT was probably 3 bucks. I still have it and a hundred of other little things like that because I just can't let them go.
16. I have a really crazy memory. I remember lots of little things. I always remember what a person was wearing including shoes and jewelry. I remember almost everything that anyone has ever given me. I remember all of the clothes that all of my children have ever worn. I remember all the phone numbers from my friends in high school. It's bizarre. Don't ask me what I ate for breakfast though.
17. I have probably eaten more candy than anyone I know. I get really excited about new candy flavors and new candy and have to try them out. Therefore, I have probably tried every candy/candybar/gum that you have seen at a gas station or grocery store. It's bad.
18. I have a weird obsession with lists and journals. I have lists upon lists and over 20 journals filled... just for me not including my kids. I keep a handwritten journal, a blog, and also an online journal. Each of my kids has a baby book and a Mommy journal. My girls also have a Mommy & Me journal that we exchange back and forth. I just feel like I have to record everything.
19. I love planning fun things for my kids and surprising them with things. I've been told that I'm making this mom or that mom look bad. That's not my intention. It's just who I am. I can't stop it.
20. I love travelling and have been to so many different places around the world. I hope one day to travel again after my children are grown. I hope to visit all 50 states, Australia, and Rome, Italy.
21. I love being outside and in nature. It's a euphoric drug to me. All I have to do is walk outside to get a high. There is so much beauty everywhere. I'm definitely an outdoor, country kind of girl.
22. I love Ironman... Favorite superhero and favorite movie
23. I love books. I love to read. There have been so many books that have literally changed my life. Getting paid for reading all day would be the ultimate. This year I didn't get to read as much as I normally do, and I really felt something missing.
24. I'm the ultimate multi tasker... in fact if I'm not doing at least 3 things at once then something is horribly wrong.
25. I have a hard time focusing on one thing (unless it's reading). I can't just sit and watch a movie. I have to be doing something with my hands or getting up to make popcorn. It's hard for me to just sit and enjoy.
26. I'm a huge Disney fan. I love everything Disney. I would love to have a season pass to Disneyland and visit 3 or 4 times every year. I wouldn't get sick of it. One day, I will take my kids to Disneyworld. I'm already planning the trip and I know it's at least 5 years away.
27. I'm not a huge fan of the beach or the ocean. It's fun to visit, maybe for a couple hours, but I'd rather be in the mountains any day. Plus deep water freaks me out.
28. I am not scared of many things. You know that question that always gets asked: What's your biggest fear? And everyone is naming snakes or spiders or my family will die... I don't really have any big fears. I'm okay with spiders, I really like snakes, I don't overly stress about family dieing... if it happens, it happens. I usually can't think of anything to say when I get that question. I get nervous around deep water, but I can easily put it out of my mind. Probably the only thing that I can't stand the thought of is failing as a parent.
29. I tend to go overboard on everything. Just call me Clark Griswald.
30. I can sleep anywhere, anytime. The second my head hits the pillow I am out like a light. To my hubby who suffers from insomnia, I'm a marvel. I can look at the clock, lay down and fall asleep, be awakened by a screaming kid, look at the clock and it's literally been 3 minutes. So weird.
31. I love music. I love playing the piano even though my playing has suffered so much lately. I love being a piano teacher and passing on the gift of music. I love listening to music. I am very easily touched by song.
32. It's taken years, but I've really come to embrace my body and love who I am. Even as I start seeing more lines and wrinkles and losing weight isn't as easy, it doesn't bother me as much anymore. I don't mind not being the skinniest or prettiest or having the best clothes or hair, I'm amazed that my body has carried 5 gorgeous children and still does what I ask it to do. It is amazing. The human body is miraculous. I've stopped comparing myself to everyone around me, and focused on just making me the best that I can be. It's something that I hope I can pass on to my kids and have them really learn it much much sooner than I did.
33. My ideal weekend consists of riding my horse, watching a movie with my kids, playing a game with my hubby and friends, eating good food, reading a good book, going on a hike, baking something yummy, and going out for a treat with my kids.